The Compleat Geek Test
Part - I Are You a Computer Geek?
1. A friend opens a magazine full of scantily-clad members of your preferred sex. Do
- Openly Ogle
- Act Non-Chalant
- Comment "Gee, that's got to be at least 400 dpi, colour!"
- Slip the hand down the pants for a bit of good, old-fashioned executive relief.
2. You're at a party. Someone comes over and asks you your star sign. You:
- Tell them to bugger off
- Lay them one in the groin, then tell them to bugger off.
- I don't go to parties.
- I don't get invited to parties.
3. You're at the head of a large queue in front of a cash-register in a large
department store. The register gives a >beep< and stops dead. You:
- Wait patiently
- Plant all the stuff you were going to buy in a nearby baby carriage and call the store
detective (to while away the time)
- Break out your ever-present C64 notebook and try to debug the thing
- I don't know
4. You're shopping for some personal hygiene equipment when the chemist runs up saying
the prescription database on his 386 is corrupt. You say:
- 'What's a prescription database?"
- "What's a 386?"
- "What's personal hygiene?"
- "What was the question again?"
5. A friend wants to borrow a record off you. You
- Lend it out, and tell them it's a boomerang.
- Tell them to go buy it.
- Consult the database to see that status of the record concerned
- Sell it to them for a beer.
6. You'd most like to meet:
- The person who wrote "Gulag Acapeligo"
- The person who wrote "War and Peace"
- The person who wrote MSDOS
- A person who can write
7. You win a "Grocery-Grab" at a local supermarket. You've got one minute to
pack a cart with as much stuff as you can. You start:
- In the Liquor Section
- In the Confectionary Lane
- At the Pencil Bar
- At the cash register
8. You've been hit by a car and your life flashes before your eyes. The thing you
remember most vividly is:
- Your Mother's voice as a child
- Your first Love
- The Ascii table
- The tire pressure was maybe a little too high
9. You get to compete on blind date. You have one statement to change the choosers mind
about you. You say:
- I've got a 12 inch tongue
- I can go all night
- I'VE GOT A 386SX with 64K Ram Cache
- I've killed 5 people
10. You feel naked without your:
- Electric Guitar
- VT100 reference guide
11. You see someone standing on a ledge, about to jump. You can save them if you say
the right thing. You say:
- I know things are bad, but do you want to talk about it?
- I feel you just need someone to talk to
- Want to come and play on my C64?
- I bet you haven't got the guts....
12. You told your best friend the first time you:
- Had Sex
- Had Oral Sex
- Got a Ram expansion
- Killed a cat.
13. No-one understands you like:
- Your Mother
- Your Father
- Your PC
- Your Parole Officer
14. For your 18th birthday you wanted:
- A Car
- A Shaver
- A C64 Cassette Drive
- Some Piano Wire, and the Neigbours Cat
You're normal. Boring Boring Boring. You're the sort of person who'll just fritter
their way through life enjoying themselves and having a good time. Shame on you!
You're mostly normal. Nothing a little ECT can't clear away in any case. You almost
make it into the "Mostly A's" above.
Geek Alert! Break out the pocket protector! With a set of horn rims and a pocket
calculator, you're ready for Revenge Part 72. You can be the person that gets beat up all
So you're a sociopath; But that doesn't mean you're a bad person! Just keep taking the
Lithium and everything'll be fine
Part II - Are you still a Computer Geek?
Ok, so you lucked out last time - you were about as socially adjusted as an onion and
jelly sandwich, but you might have changed! You may not be a computer geek any more! It's
possible!!! (Not probable, but possible) Test yourself now!
1. It's a stag party for one of your friends. You and the rest of your friends all put
money in for:
- A set of driving mirrors
- A stripper
- A stripper with a set of driving mirrors
- A VGA screen so he can check out alt.sex.pictures.of.girlies
2. You want to improve your social life. You
- Ask people to go out with you.
- Join a club to meet new people.
- Drink yourself unconscious and forget about it.
- What's a social life?
3. You ideal partner would have:
- A 1.2 Gig Hard Drive, Twin floppies + SVGA screen, and 5 Meg Memory
4. You have the most horrific nightmare of your life. It involves:
- You driving off a cliff
- You showing up somewhere with no clothes on
- A hungry alsation, your private parts and some tomato sauce.
- A tax on pocket protectors and thick glasses
5. You're on blind date. The question you would ask is:
- "Name the weirdest place you ever kissed someone"
- "Name the weirdest place you ever made love"
- "Name the weirdest place you ever played soggy biscuit"
- "Name the weirdest place you ever booted MSDOS 4"
6. Your role model is:
- Rudolf Steiner
- Mother Theresa
- Charlie Manson
7. Your favourite fashion accessory is:
- Collar Studs
- An axe
- What's fashion?
8. If you had your life to live again, would you:
- Make no changes
- Make a few changes
- Make a lot of changes
- Upgrade to SVGA
9. Your favourite pickup line is:
- "I've just won the lottery"
- "Has anyone seen the keys to my Porsche?"
- "Shit, I'm pissed"
- "I'm superuser at work.."
10. During sexual climax, you think of:
- Your partner
- Your partner's body
- The 487 co-processor at 52 Meg
You don't really need the score card do you?
Mostly A's or B's means you're the normal run-of-the-mill, 90212 (the house next door)
walk alike, talk alike that gives us real jerks a bad name; C's mean you're... Well,
frankly, I haven't got a clue what the hell you are, but you're unique. D's - give up all
Are you a latent Computer Geek?
So you got away by the skin of your teeth on the first two questionaires, but this is
it, the biggy - the decider. You *could* be latent, with a geek laying dormant in your
subconscious, just waiting to get out. Find out now with our five minute geek test part
III. No cheating now, remember, you're not cheating us, you're just cheating your analyst
out of $180 an hour...
1. It's your birthday and your parents give you are large parcel. You hope:
- It's expensive
- It's something that'll help you "score"
- It's got an alcohol content
- It's a full height 5 meg hard-disk for your computer museum
2. Your favourite STTNG star is:
- The Captain - Always the Captain
- The Captain too, cos he scores all the good chicks, just like on the old generation
- The guy with the car air-cleaner for glasses
3. You've got $20 left in your bank account, it's a Friday night and you're bored. You
- Go see some friends and bludge off them
- Invest your money in a couple of bottles of cheap cherry ripple leg-opener
- Leave it in the bank as the interest rate is almost 6 percent!
- Go downtown and tease the autoback machine by withdrawing the money and cancelling it at
the last minute
4. The highlight of your career was when you
- Pulled off a currency deal worth 31 Million
- Bought R18 magazines when you were 16
- Successfully Diagnosed yourself as having 3 degenerative brain disorders
- Got your C64 to talk to the Washing machine so you really *could* program the wash
5. Your cousin is the Black Sheep of the family because
- He doesn't have a cell-phone
- He doesn't drink Jack Daniels from the bottle
- He doesn't collect unemployment benefit
- He doesn't have a 486-40 with at least 120 Meg HD
6. You win a trip to any destination. You go to:
- Wall Street, the home of money
- Gracelands, home of Elvis
- Anywhere marrying siblings is legal
- The Motorola factory
7. You never cried so much as when
- They told you Santa wasn't real
- The Beatles split up
- They told you you'd moved to an alcohol-free district
- You heard Commodore 64s were discontinued
8. The partner of your dreams is
- A currency consultant with a Jet Ski and a Timeshare in Florida
- An attractive blond with Big Bazookies that talks dirty
- A 486 with personality simulation
9. You have 24 hours to live. You
- Sell everything and indulge yourself
- Make peace with you enemies
- See if Anti-Freeze *is* drinkable
- Back your personality up onto 8 inch floppies.
10. The greatest threat to our way of life is
- Nuclear Weapons
- Low-Proof Alcohol
- 8 bit graphics
11. You're drunk at a party. You talk about:
- Your financial model of the world
- The one that ripped your heart out of your body, stomped on it, shot it twice, set it on
fire, then flushed it down the toilet like...
- How to make a good fruit punch with Ethyl Alcohol
- Which is the better disk controller, MFM or RLL
12. You have a kid. What do you call it?
- "Wall-Street", "Money" or "Profit"
- A Single Syllable name like "Dave" or "Sue"
- A miracle.
13. In the embarrassing old family photographs, you're always the one:
- With the torn jeans
- With the hair sticking up at the back
- Clutching your Genetalia
- With two pens of the SAME COLOUR in your top pocket, and no greens
14. When you die, your burial wishes are to be:
- Buried in a gold-plated coffin
- Cremated at a quiet ceremony
- Dead first
- Buried with a full set of MSDOS-4 floppies and Manuals
How did you do?
Mostly A's - You're not a geek, but we still hate you.
Mostly B's - You're normalish, no intellectual threat and not really a geek either
Mostly C's - You're really out there somewhere aren't you?
Mostly D's - BING! On the nail. Need we say more? Ok?
10 PRINT "GEEK"
20 GOTO 10
Get the picture?